What does a successful Credit Card Payment Integration look like?
We like to look at any Platform Payment Integration in 3 phases:
1-Before the integration work begins
3-After the integration
Before any technical work begins there should be a conversation around the following:
- What are the goals of the platform and what role will payments play?
- Will payments be a customer acquisition vehicle?
- Do you absolutely have to have instant onboarding? Will payments revenue be a primary source of platform income?
- What is your payments understanding?
- Revenue share is understood
- Is the difference between credit card and ACH processing understood and the reconciliation implications?
- Credit card decline mitigation strategies
- Who is your ideal client and what implications might that have on your integration?
- What can be done in planning the integration that allows for self service, offers AutoPay sign up prompts etc
There are more questions and a conversation is vital.
During the integration we make sure:
- There is prompt tech support
- You have sandbox access the provides rigorous testing capabilities
- We are addressing all points raised in the before process
- We have thoroughly tested all payment methods and reconciliation
After the integration:
- What are we doing to maximize platform user adoption of the new payment solution? You may create a fantastic solution but if no one is using you don’t make money and they don’t get value. We work with you to maximize both platform and end user adoption
- Is your client onboarding process simple and easy? You don’t want frustrated users that want payments to have to jump through approval hoops or spend time inputting confusing credentials
- Do we have prompt, efficient support when payment questions arise?
- Is your revenue stream growing and can we improve?
There are more considerations but this should give a good idea of what your Credit Card Payment Integration experience should and will look like in working with AgielPayments.com