SMS Payment Provider | Pay by Text Provider 2019
SMS payments (or “pay by text” payments) provide customers the ability to pay for services or goods via a text message. The customer receives a text that prompts them to visit a secure webpage and initiate payment.
SMS stands for Short Messaging Service. An SMS Payment Provider allows
businesses to initiate outbound texts to customers with the ability to then take payment pay from the text. SMS Payment Providers offer the ability for businesses to:
- Text payment reminders to customers
- Take payment via the phone typically using a secure web page
Businesses are now waking up to the fact that paying by text offers benefits to both consumers and the business itself. With both open rates and read rates above 95% it’s easy to see why SMS Payment Provider Solutions have become such an attractive customer billing option.
Your customers will appreciate the convenience of 10-second payments and your business will benefit from fewer delinquencies and shortened payment days outstanding.
What to Look For in an SMS Payment Provider
PCI compliant SMS payment solutions are just part of the solution. Here are more features to look for in your SMS Payment Provider and SMS Payment Gateway partner:
- Self-service: Set message content, reply logic, fail-over options and payment gateway integration without any code: no need for managed service charges or change fees.
- PCI Compliance: SMS is not typically a PCI compliant channel. The solution is to send trackable links to custom micro sites that securely gather credit card data via smartphones.
- Stored Payment Methods: For recurring payments, the ability to offer stored credit card details provides a simple and fast billing option.
- Redundancy: IVR voice or automated emails should SMS delivery fails or if payment fails. SMS is an extremely
- Network quality: Chose an SMS Payment Provider partner with high quality connections and that specializes in business uptime and quality.