Developers often have a bad habit of choosing their SaaS platform payment gateway integration partner[s] without considering the partner’s potential to grow one’s business.
Payment Gateway Integration thinking typically consists of:
- Inform the end customers know about gateway options
- Hand off the customer and the assume or hope for the best
- Integrate with the usual suspects in gateway space
Although a business’s client base being arguably the greatest asset they have, choosing a SaaS platform payment gateway integration partner is often not a strategic decision.
Clients can be left frustrated by support and funding issues, data hostaging [more info below], customer confusion on what a payment gateway is versus merchant account, lack of payment options [specifically ACH Processing for recurring payments].
Along with significant issues reducing credit card decline rates, your hard-earned clients may end up exploring alternative options to your solution.
Payment Gateway Partner DRIVES GROWTH STRATEGY by:
- Ensuring a payment gateway partner provides a simple process for onboarding and continued support. A happy customer is a business’s best referral generation strategy.
- Helping to negotiate great deals for your users, and create goodwill by saving users money on processing fees.
- Offering payment options via ACH Integration. Especially for recurring payments multiple payment options with cost savings are a competitive differentiator.
- Offering a Revenue share model: Your payment gateway integration api provider [especially if they can also set up merchant accounts] should offer you a transaction revenue share model. If every client you have now generates an additional income stream you have a much more profitable company. This means better service and more payment options for your clients.
- Adding value for your users: There is a huge gap or disconnect that your gateway partner can possibly help with. If your service or product also offers a recurring billing solution you have an opportunity to help your end users [and you] generate more value.
- Improving client retention rates: Delivering value beyond expectations means more loyal clients, meaning an increased ability to cross sell, upsell and leverage possible referrals
Choose your SaaS platform gateway partner wisely. It can without question become a growth catalyst for your business.
For more information visit Agilepayments.com