PCI Compliant IVR Tokenization Solutions – Interactive Voice Response for Phone Based Customer Payments
Credit card data is required to be handled in a PCI compliant manner. IVR Tokenization is the process that securely exchanges full credit card number for a non-sensitive replacement value in an IVR Payment Solution.
IVR Tokenization for phone based payments typically work as follows:
- Customer calls into the IVR Payment Solution
- When full credit card information is entered by the customer an API call is made via the IVR Gateway [data is encrypted]
- A token is returned eg full 16 digit card # is replaced by 45$%#(&ytU&. This “token” can then be used for future payments made by that customer. The token is sent with future payments.
Because the token is a replacement for full card data in and of itself it is not sensitive data and simply having the token’s value is useless. This creates a secure environment for card data handling.
Callers interact with the IVR Payment System via touch tone or voice prompts, allowing them to make payments due without the need for human interaction from the merchant organization side.
Interactive Voice Response Payments are always working for your organization, 24/7/365. IVR transactions enable your business to streamline operations and offer more customer IVR Pay options.
An IVR Phone Payment system can make it easy for your customers to make payments and eliminate loads of man hours accepting payments over the phone using traditional methods. Some of the benefits of IVR Payments:
- No staffing considerations on the organization’s side.
- The system is always on 24/7/365.
- Increased customer satisfaction from self service payment options.
- Self-service efficiency; no waiting on hold.
- Greatly reduce organizational man hours.
- Quick setup.
- Multiple languages.
- PCI compliant and certified platform.
- Completely integrated with our virtual terminal and API integrations.
- Single source for reporting of all credit card and ACH/eCheck payments.
- Consumer convenience fees enablement to offset processing costs possible for many industries or organization types.
- Reduced PCI scope when eliminating human interaction of accepting payments via phone.
With the Agile Payments interactive voice response (IVR) system, customer service time spent answering phone calls and entering transaction manually can be eliminated. Customers no longer have to wait on hold waiting for a customer service rep to answer, improving timely payments and providing better customer satisfaction.